So, you will need to have these keto-friendly ingredients to come up with your tasty dish:
- ground pork as your meat base
- crushed garlic cloves with pasty consistency – You can pound it using a knife blade sideways, a mortar and pestle, or a microplane grater.
- freshly grated ginger – Peel the ginger skin first before grating by using your’s spoon backside. This is much safer than using a peeler or a small knife.
- prepackaged slaw mix or cabbage – If you get a whole cabbage, you can shred it or slice it thinly so you preserve the crunchy texture.
- regular soy sauce or any of these following low-carb seasonings: coconut aminos or organic tamari. The important thing here is to control the servings to minimize carbs.
- unseasoned rice wine vinegar – Typical rice wine vinegar has sugar, which we would prefer to have less of.
- additional vegetables such as carrots, green onions, broccoli, and sesame oil for added flavor
- Sriracha sauce – You can also use Tabasco sauce, or any hot chili sauce.
How to cook your Keto Meat and Cabbage Stir-fry:
- Heat your large skillet or frying pan using medium setting.
- Cook your ground pork until it’s no longer pink.
- Mix in your onions until translucent, followed by garlic paste and your grated ginger.
- Add the remaining seasoning ingredients such as your soy sauce or its substitute, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and sriracha sauce.
- Mix very well, check if you need more salt and some pepper according to taste.
- You can throw in your shredded cabbage or slaw mix alongside your optional veggies. Mix and cook for 5 minutes more, maybe a bit longer if you prefer your cabbage to be softer.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and a handful of green onions on top to garnish.
- Amp up your Keto Meat and Cabbage Stir-fry by serving it alongside cauliflower rice for a totally satisfying meal!
Using substitutes accordingly
This delicious healthy recipe could not get any better with its versatility – you can change some of your ingredients to cater to different diet disciplines.
Keto Diet – Make sure your seasonings such as your hot sauce and rice wine vinegar have zero or low sugar.
Paleo Diet: When replacing soy sauce, you can get coconut aminos for that perfect sweet-salty flavoring.
Whole 30 Diet: Sriracha sauce with no added sugar and coconut aminos should be used.
Gluten free Diet – Use gluten-free, organic soy tamari.
More hacks on your Keto Meat and Cabbage Stir-fry
Keto Meat and Cabbage Stir-fry is a great dish you can reheat over and over again. It even tastes just as good as when you eat the leftovers straight from the fridge. The recipe which is good up to four persons, can be doubled by having twice as much as the amount of your ingredients so that you’ll have more to stash for consumption in the coming days. Here are other tips you can apply to making this keto bomb of a recipe:
- As mentioned, you can buy the prepackaged slaw mix at your nearby grocery store to save precious time in slicing your cabbage and veggies.
- Another option is buying a broccoli mix which would taste just as keto-delicious.
- You can go all out with your meat by having ground turkey or ground beef, whichever is readily available for you.
- Why not make it surf and turf by adding grilled shrimp when you’re done cooking. Make sure to cook your shrimp just right by removing it from the grill as soon as it has turned pink – orange in color.
- To top it off, drizzle it with some Sriracha mayonnaise and voila, your perfect keto stir-fry!
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
Enjoy this extra delectable, low-carb, Asian meal that will be on your weeknight rotations. You ketones are sure to be fired up with this highly addictive meat and veggies combo.